Re: BarbieOS in time for the holidays!

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 11:43:37 -0800 (PST)
 Robert Threet <rthreet@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Funny.  :-) Still, the BarbieOS idea is a good one, IMO.  Seriously, can you
>see it?  It boots up a modded KDE and runs modified programs like Tux
>Typing, etc.  They have the source code, they could use StrongARM chips,
>etc...

I agree, it would be cool.  The did, after all, come out with the Mattel
Barbie/Hotwheels computers a few years ago, which ran Windows.  When I first
started reading the article, I was thinking it would be cool to load on a
system for my daughters.  But, alas and alack...

>Actually, MS Linux isn't all that unbelievable either.  I'm surprised they
>haven't done it - like J++.  Create lots of FUD with a newer proprietary
>Linux...

Now there's an oxymoron: proprietary Linux...

William

--
William Underwood
wllmundrwd@charter.net