Cisco IOS simulater- was 'Re: new user doesn't crash'

Someone (I think it was "Stephen D. Reindl" <sreindl@apci.net>) was looking
for an IOS simulater

I don't know of any good simulaters, but I have a cisco 3100 24 port 10mb
switch with the 3011 router card (= to 2503 ISDN with ethernet) in it that I
was going to sell.
This is a cool item as you can play with both the switch and the router, but
the router is limited to 8mb flash IIRC, so you would have to use compression
to get some of the latest IOS's installed.
I used this in my lab a year or so ago, I need to power it up and make sure it
still works.
I am getting ready to post this for sale to some cisco lists, but if you want
you can make and offer ($150-200 would be ideal, but make an offer) , or if
you have anything good to trade (I need monitors 17" or better, late model
fast HD, backup 56k modem and may be interested in other stuff computer
related or not), let me know.

Also have you checked out the cisco groupstudy sites
<http://groupstudy.com/>?
They run the cisco associate and cisco professional and CCIE lists, all were
good lists for information when I was studying.
The associate list is a good start for the CCNA level stuff, but I would also
recomend using the professional lists, I never did understand all the topics
on that list, but I did learn a lot from the advanced topics covered there.
These would be a good choice to check on the state of IOS simulators.  I know
when I was studying the recomendation was to get hardware, maybe things have
changed in the last year or two.

Good luck,
Matt Wehland

Good luck