Re: QuickBooks Linux equivalent

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 08:29:00PM -0400, Ken Hagan wrote:
> I've posted a couple of things without saying hello to everyone.  I just moved
> to Southern Illinois from Louisville, KY a couple of months ago.  Hello.

So where in Southern Illinois?  It's a big state.  :-)

> Can anyone recommend any polished Linux projects that can do this?
[...]
> I need to be able to simply enter stuff, have different billing rates for
> different clients, and print polished looking invoices out of the application.

I like this:

    http://www.sql-ledger.org/

Admittedly, I'm still running QuickBooks, but only because I'm waiting
for the end of the year to switch (on the assumption that I might have
some time then, and to keep our books in only one place for the year).

I've also looked at these:

    http://nola.noguska.com/main.html
    http://www.compiere.org/

Being a Perl guy, SQL Ledger makes more sense to me though.

There's a nice list here:

    http://cbbrowne.com/info/financefreesoft.html

> If there's nothing in the Linux world, has anyone any experience running
> QuickBooks on Linux?

VMware is nice for that sort of thing.

> On PPC Linux?

Isn't there a MacOS "emulator"?

Steven Pritchard - K&S Pritchard Enterprises, Inc.
Email: steve@kspei.com             http://www.kspei.com/
Phone: (618)398-7360               Mobile: (618)567-7320