Re: asking for urgent help

Quoting syibabie@yahoo.com:
> I am about to test [for] good knowledge and practical
> experience on computers - especially on Microsoft office.

> They are going to work in archiving documents.

Since Microsoft has only been around since 1981 or so, and it's document
applications only since 1990 or so, you probably should be looking at some
other tools for "archiving" documents. Add in to this the _facts_ that
Microsoft has changed their proprietary format (effectively encrypted, and
only decrypted by their programs) several times in the last decade, and
has stopped producing, supporting, or offering the previous versions.

You would do well to use some other digital format (imaging (best choice),
plain text, PDF (preserves formatting) come to mind) if "archiving documents"
is truly the task requirement. And choose appropriate media as well - a "hard
disk" has a typical lifespan of about three years. Saving the digital documents
to CD-ROM media will extend that to about five-ten years (we are now hearing
problems with new CD-ROM drives being unable to read older "slow" media).
Microfiche is optimal, especially if you're using imaging format.

> So the test is concerning Microsoft access, creating and managing databases,
> Microsoft excel and Microsoft word. What do you recommend me?

There are several service companies that offer "certification" and testing
services to do this. Outsource it. Given your time crunch, this may be your
best, if not only, option, as these companies are in the business of producing
and giving tests (and selling the courses and training to pass them, naturally).
They often have several tests available for the products you mention, and at
several skill levels, nearby testing facilities, convenient hours, and can
give instant results after completing the tests.

Contact professors teaching courses in those products at your local technical
college or community college. They may give you permission to use their tests
or tell you where/how you can obtain a license for the onese they use.

> What kind of questions you recommend me
> to prepare? I would be happy if I can have sample
> brief tests on databases and Microsoft excel and
> access?

> The test is intended to be given tommorow.

Wow. Nothing like waiting to the last minute, eh?
You weren't a Boy Scout, were you?

As I said, given your unbelievably unprepared timeline, your only option may
be to contact Sylvan or Rankin or Vatterott or other training/testing facility
and *pay* for the tests.

Yes it will be expensive. They know your butt is in a sling. And for a mere
(mumble) dollars, they can also provide lubricant to ease your pain.

How you will pay for it will be your problem.

But you *WILL* be able to give competant, reasonably well-recognized tests
*TOMORROW*.

In closing, perhaps you should purchase Microsoft Project so that you can
manage a project/assignment like this more effectively in the future, because
it pretty much looks like you are ... S.O.L.

Mike/