Re: LiteOn DVD burners

Hello Steven,

SP> OK, so I just did a *really* quick check with one vendor, and it looks
SP> like what Lite-On is selling at the moment for around $175 does the
SP> following:

Okay, thanks Steve. Now I have to determine if it is worth getting the DVD
burner, or just the plain Lite-On DVD player... as you mentioned, in
previous email, why not use both, and I have a pretty good CD/RW now...
Was and am curious if it is worth getting DVD RW ... Will let you know
shortly. Thanks for doing some checking for me.. Will keep you posted as
to a decision...

SP> Note that prices are dropping pretty quickly, and I can probably get
SP> even better prices from a couple of my other vendors.

SP> We haven't sold enough of these super-combo drives to form a solid
SP> opinion about any one brand, but we haven't had any problems with any
SP> of the CD-ROM, DVD, CDRW, or DVD/CDRW drives we've bought from
SP> Lite-On, Samsung, Mitsumi, NEC, and probably a couple of other cheap
SP> brands I'm forgetting.

SP> We like to stick with Lite-On or Samsung as a rule, but one of our
SP> vendors gets us really good prices on Mitsumi, and I've been known to
SP> go with other recognizable brands when I get a really good deal.

I had some bad Mitsumi problems in the past, that being they did not last
long... so I am inclined to agree with you about staying with Lite-On.

--
Best regards,
 Gary