Re: RH questions

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 22:30:11 -0500, "john doe"
<ophidian_snake@hotmail.com> wrote:

> as for debian, even the *bsd guys give props to debian. (and i mean
> the hardcore ones, who think linux is a cute toy but not a real server
> grade system yet)

In fact, Debian even has a port to alternative kernels such as FreeBSD,
NetBSD and the GNU/HURD system, using GNU userland and in most cases,
built with GNU tools (the GNU/FreeBSD port has been split to provide a
port built with FreeBSD's libc.)

Hell ... someone even started a Debian GNU/w32 project to port Debian
userland and an environment to the w32 (Microsoft Windows) system. I'm
not sure where that development currently is, but lists.debian.org does
have a mailing list dedicated to it.

--
Scott Christopher Linnenbringer		[sl@eskimo.com]
http://www.eskimo.com/~sl/info.txt 	[sl@moslug.org]