Re: Headers

Some compilers, like C, want to know in advance
what subroutines to expect. So a header is written
in advance to satisfy the compiler, like this:

int my_sub(int int_parameter);

Later on, the actual subroutine is written:

int my_sub(int int_parameter) {
  code;
  code;
}

In short programs, all the headers are put near the
top of the file.  In large programs, separate files
are written to hold the headers.  They are called
"header files" and often end with .h.

<http://mypage.siu.edu/clangin>  <clangin@siu.edu>
~~~Diagonally parked in a parallel universe~~~~~~~