Re: making a case for linux at a Univeristy

On Friday 19 September 2003 08:09 am, you wrote:
> I was reading some of the comments today at userfriendly.org (gotta love a
> techie comic!) and read this one.  He makes a damn good case for Linux to
> be used Univeristy wide.   I just wish it was SIU he was talking about.

Maybe the 'swen' virus will bring SIU to their senses. I find it
incomprehensible why a university would not give Linux a try. For starters,
RedHat, Debian, SuSE and FreeBSD, all have MatLab and Sigma plot clones. You
get nothing like this with Microsoft.

					Kind regards
					Jonathan