Bouncing mail (was Re: Drives - hot, fast, and scsi)

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 20:15, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Doc - your mail system is bouncing me. You now have a false positive.
> spews.org (and apparently, I'm being blocked from seeing their "see this URL for
> why" as well - it never loads.) If you want me to send you email, you'll need to
> fix your spam-filter.

I'm cc'ing my ISP on this reply. Yours is the second report I've
received of inbound e-mail being rejected during the last couple of
days. I have no spam-filter settings of my own. These rejections must be
the result of too-aggressive anti-spam filter settings on Peaknet's
part.

If those settings would eliminate any of the penis growth, Nigerian
scam, refinance, cheap drugs, and other junk mail that litters my Inbox,
false positives would be tolerable. But that crap sails right through
their filters while yours and others get bounced. If Peaknet doesn't get
their act together in a hurry, I may soon become an ex-subscriber.

> > Do these drives have standard 68-pin wide-SCSI or 80-pin SCA interfaces?
>
> The 50GB ones? I believe they are the 80-pin SCA interfaces, since they
> are all hot-swappable.
>
> As for the 37GB ones, I'd bet they are too, since they likely came in a Auspex
> RAID cabinet as well.

Drat. My enclosures (which all fit in a custom desk) are all standard
68-pin wide-SCSI types. Much as I'd like to buy them, if they have SCA
interfaces I can't use them.

Thanks.

--Doc