Hard Drives - Fast, Cheap, and SCSI

I got this in the inbox. Too bad Steve is away to give an answer for what I'm
gonna offer. But first the "other offer". Email me offlist for details and I'll
hook you up.

> I have all your data storage problems solved!!!!
>
> I now have 308 in twelve drive arrays in three Auspex 4Front 19" racks.
> These are some serious storage systems.  The drives are Quantum Atlas V
> XC36J011, 1" , 7200 RPM.  I am looking to move all these drives for $75
> each plus shipping or tax if applicable .  If you buy 28 drives at one time
> I will give you the array.  I invite everyone local in the St. Louis area
> to drop by and take a look at the whole set up.
>
> Buy now and stock up.
>
> Here is a link for more data on the drives:
>
> http://xrl.us/tkd (Link to www.maxtor.com)
> http://xrl.us/tkc (Link to www.maxtor.com)

Now, here's my offer for ArchLUG/SILUG/LUCI. We have some *50* GB *10K* RPM
drives (Seagate). 12 to be exact. However, half of them are being used. So,
we're going to sell SIX (6) of them for $100 - which works out to the same
$/GB as the above *smaller* 37.6GB and *slower* 7200 RPM drives.

What I/we plan to do with the funds is replace those six drives with some
100GB+ IDE drives for the FTP site raid array. They'll still be RAID, but
won't need 2 GWatts to spin up the 12 SCSIs and redundant power supplies.
Not to mention running a bar-b-que on top from the heat they generate.

But what about extra money if we sell all 12? Ahem.
Well, we buy more IDE disks. Or a dual-Athlon64 rackmount server. :=)

I'm pretty sure 6 drives are available. If you want all 12, we'll throw in the
MTI cabinet and power supplies and the spare chassis with one good power supply.

I've also got a Synchronics array with (10? I think) 12GB drives in it.
Make offer.

Email me offlist for any details.

Mike/