Re: majordomo2 and bounces to list owner(s)

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003, Mike Burger wrote:

> Pardon me for bursting in here with an immediate question, but I've
> searched the site, and can't seem to find anything on majordomo2 and
> bounces.
>
> I'm seeing that messages are going out as from "<list>-owner-M##" (insert
> a number for ## and a list name for <list>).  Of course.  When messages
> bounce, they attempt to go back to "<list>-owner-M##", but there's no such
> user as "<list>-owner-M##"...only the obligatory alias to "<list>-owner".
>
> Is there any way to reconfigure majordomo2, or the list in question, to
> either not put the "-M##" into the address, or to get my MTA (in my case,
> Postfix) to realize that that should go to "<list>-owner", instead?

Obviously, after looking, a little more, at docs and such, it makes sense
that the M## should be there for bookkeeping purposes...so, if anyone can
tell me how to get the bounces to actually feed back through Postfix and
into mj2, I'd be happy with it.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS
telnet://dogpound2.citadel.org or http://dogpound2.citadel.org:2000

To be notified of updates to the web site, send a message to:

site-update-request@bubbanfriends.org

with a message of:

subscribe