The Empire Strikes Back

Sooner or later you knew it had to happen. IBM has countersued SCO
charging four counts of patent infringement. Legal experts say IBM has
picked the perfect club, and expect SCO will have no choice but to settle
early.

I usually don't have much use for lawyers in software disputes, but in
this case I'm inclined to make an exception. In fact, I would very much
like to see IBM reject any settlement offers from SCO, go to trial, and
crush them out of existance. Next I would also like to see all their
company officers arrested, tried, and convicted of attempted extortion,
securities fraud, and corruption under RICO.

As punishment, I'd post them to midnight shift perimeter guard duty at the
U.S. Embassy in Tashkent, Uzbekistan where I'm confident there will be no
intellectual property rights to worry about for the five hundred years.

--Doc