From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org [mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org]
On Behalf Of William Underwood
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 10:31 AM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: <humble>Help? Coyote router, USR Sportster 33.6 ISA

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 09:29:32 -0500
 "Doug Simmons" <dsimmons@lib.siu.edu> wrote:
>Yes, I have tried that. The box boots with "3ef8 conflict". Is that a clue?

Check your BIOS.  You should be able to set the serial ports to whatever you
want, or even disable them.  Speaking of which, are you using a mouse?  I
know you said you disabled the PS2 mouse, but are you using a serial mouse?
Hmmm - Either way, forget COM1; go for COM4, which is 2E8 and IRQ3.  That
way, you should have no conflict with either of the onboard serial ports...

HTH,
William

--
William Underwood