Email Relay

For two years now, I have been harold@cmh.net.

For the last month, I have also been harold@xel.net.

As of two hours ago, I am also hcrouch@mchsi.com.

That's (two) too many email addresses.

The suggestion has been made that, although I have moved from one city
to another (and may be forced in the future to do it again) there is
no reason that I have to drop my old (established) email adress.  I
like that suggestion, and I would love to keep harold@cmh.net active.
Wnating to do it and actually doing it are two entirely different
things.

When logged on to the internet through mchsi and attempting to send an
e-mail through cmh, I get a relay error.  Now, I understand why ISPs
don't like to permit relays, so I called mchsi tech support and asked
if there is a way to get around this.  The first thing that I learned
was that mchsi tech support only supports Outlook Express.
<sarcasm> What a surprise! </sarcasm>

The second thing that I learned is that Outlook Express has a function
called SMTP authentication.  Hey, Sylpheed has that also!  I've tried
entering these four possible combinations:

My cmh id and password in the authentication area of the cmh (pop)
account.

My mchsi id and password in the authentication area of the cmh (pop)
account.

My cmh id and password in the authentication area of the mchsi (pop)
account.

My mchsi id and password in the authentication area of the mchsi (pop)
account.

None of them seem to work. I keep getting relay rejections.

It appears that I see the big picture, but I'm still fuzzy on the
details.  Which one *should* be the correct combination?  Or do have
to set authentication for both providers?

- Harold