Re: TIFF to PDF

Hi Harold:

  It's great that the script worked.

> Jonathon>  As far as converting all the images, it may be easier to
> Jonathon>  get the up to date MSDS'.
>
> You're absolutely correct, and we're in the process of doing that.
> But it can't be done overnight, whereas Steve's script enables the
> owner of the server literally to reclaim 5/6ths of the storage space
> in a matter of hours.

I am not a computer professional; I work at the US Food and Drug
Administration, as an analytic chemist.  I did get the Vermont University
MSDS' down here and the 140.9 tgz expands to a ~1 Gb set of HTML files. This
looks like a fairly complete set of safety data sheets. The reason I mention
this Harold (and others) is that most of the complete MSDS data bases are
commercial products sold for yup scale prices. So this one:

http://hazard.com/msds/f.tgz

appears to be the last that is freely  available. Sure you can pick them off
one by one from Sigma or VWR scientific but who has time for that ?
 Anyway I am glad the script worked for you.

					Kind regards
					Jonathan