samba silliness

HI Everybody,
  Ok here's my situation, I have a RedHat box that I
am trying to get Samba working on so that I can use it
for storage.  I had to do some work to get the network
card installed and alias the module during start up so
that it would initialize.  I gave the card it's own IP
since it's not going to be anything other than private
storage.  Now I can get a connection through the linux
box, so i know smb is working right on it, I even went
and mounted it remotely successfully.  The problem is
I can't get a windows computer to see it.  I've tried
mapping it directly with both the NetBIOS name and the
IP I gave it, but no avail.  Any suggestions/tips?
The box that I'm trying to connect with is WinME.