Re: Certification choices

I assume you are looking to get into network/computer support.  Since I
am a software developer, I can not help.  If, by some small chance, you
might be looking into software; might I suggest Sun-Java or Microsoft
Certified Solution Developer.

While the MCSD has little to do with real-world software development, it
will open the door to many consulting companies in the area.  If the
place of employment is a MS Solution provider, then they need a constant
quota of MCSD/MCSEs.

Another area I see a STRONG demand is in solid project management.
Companies are looking for people that can to Analysis/Design work so
they can ship the "Grunt" work to India (or some other off-shore body
shop).  What we are finding is that these "Body Shops" and H1Bs are
GREAT at cranking out good code, they are less-than good at the "Paper
Work". And even worse at communication with the users/customer.

Like I said, I don't know if you are interesting in the "Software" side
of things; but if you are going to get one free certification, that may
be an area.

Rational certification might be good, but I know very few that are.

Just my 2 cents.

William Fink, MCSD (big deal)