Re: Certification choices

At 08:26 AM 5/23/2003, you wrote:

>Oh yeah, definitely get at least an Associates Degree.  Most of the
>large Enterprise IT shops are forbid to hire even the most amazingly
>talented prospect if they don't have a degree.  And most of those
>require a Bachelors Degree.  Any vendor certification should
>compliment that.

You would be far better off pursuing a non-traditional BS degree once you
get started somewhere with your CIsco certification. Check out, for
example, Phoenix University (about the only fully accredited online
University I have seen), .. or I'm sure that the SIU campuses have online
options by now.

An AA isn't worth much towards degree requirements (which, as mentioned,
are almost always BS/BA)..

         Lee