Re: Help with ppp0 defaultroute

On Tue, 2003-04-29 at 22:00, Jerry Hubbard wrote:

> When host on my home LAN are listed (hostname xxxx.xxxx.xxxx.xxxx) in
> etc/hosts, the ppp0 default route changes. (The localhost.localdomain
> entry was not changed.) I can not retreive email or connect to web
> sites. I have tried connecting with the FQN (www.foo.com) and the IP
> address. Both of these methods fail and shows it is not a DNS problem.
> (Correct me if I'm wrong.)

The problem is my ISP, mlc.net, is not Linux friendly. On a hunch, I
switched to a *NIX friendly ISP, brick.net, and found the problem is with
the ISP. Everything works great with Brick.net. Well, I still learned alot.

Thanks,

Jerry Hubbard
jhubbard@mlc.net (old account)
jhubbard@brick.net (new account)