samba & WinXPsp1

I'm running a samba server as a PDC (v2.2.7-2.7.3 on RH7.3) and can
successfully connect Windows 9x and Windows 2000 boxes to it, both
through Network Neighborhood as well as mapping network drives from the
logon scripts on the samba server.  I can't do either with WinXPsp1.

I've followed the instructions in the official and unofficial
SAMBA-HOWTOs.  This is what got me connected with Win2k.  I changed both
registry keys (requiresignorseal & signsecureseal) and changed the
capitalization of the 'workgroup = ' parameter in smb.conf but still
can't even browse the share through Network Neighborhood.

When I try to connect my WinXPsp1 machine I get the following error
message:
'A domain controller for the domain MYDOMAIN could not be contacted.'
Details:
The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service
location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for
domain MYDOMAIN:

The error was: "This operation returned because the timeout period
expired."\par(error code 0x000005B4 ERROR_TIMEOUT)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.MYDOMAIN

The DNS servers used by this computer for name resolution are not
responding. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the
following IP addresses:

65.172.1.132
208.16.140.132

Verify that this computer is connected to the network, that these are
the correct DNS server IP addresses, and that at least one of the DNS
servers is running.

For more information on how to correct this problem, click Help.

I found this link with a possible suggestion:
http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2002-Jul/1647.html

I'm not running internal DNS, WINS, or LDAP.  Any other suggestions?
--
Dan Fleischer
Bank & Trust Co.

Ph. 217-324-3935