Steves genfw firewall script...

Hey all,

  Okay...  So I'm setting up my Linux firewall.  RH9, no GUIs, no X, just
lots and lots of config files...  Well, I do have one GUI, it the
redhat-config-network, but it doesn't seem to see both of my network cards.
 They are both RTL-8139 chips, one on-board, one PCI add-in.  Be that as it
may, I do have both configured.  eth0 (hard coded to X.X.1.2) is the add-in,
and eth1 (DHCP configured) is the on-board.  I can ping both externally, and
can disconnect either cable and still ping outside the box, so the network is
correctly configured...

  Now, here is the part I'm having trouble with:  I've designated eth0 as
internal, and eth1 as external in the /etc/sysconfig/genfw/rules file.  I
(quite likely incorrectly) assumed that the genfw script would read the rules
file, and generate some basic rules for routing and firewalling.  Here is my
output:

[root@localhost genfw-1.27]# cat /etc/sysconfig/genfw/rules
#Firewall config rules for wuicc.com
internal eth0
outside eth1
[root@localhost genfw-1.27]# genfw
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/local/bin/genfw line
751, <GEN2> line 3.
Use of uninitialized value in subroutine entry at /usr/local/bin/genfw line
751, <GEN2> line 3.
Use of uninitialized value in bitwise and (&) at /usr/local/bin/genfw line
751, <GEN2> line 3.
Use of uninitialized value in bitwise and (&) at /usr/local/bin/genfw line
751, <GEN2> line 3.
Bad arg length for Socket::inet_ntoa, length is 0, should be 4 at
/usr/local/bin/genfw line 751, <GEN2> line 3.
[root@localhost genfw-1.27]#

  Please do educate me, as this is nothing like Solaris with IPF...

Thanks,
William

--
William Underwood