KVM Revisited

Ok, here's my setup:
Windows XP box and Redhat 8.0 box using a Linksys 2 port KVM Switch.  My USB
optical mouse is using a USB to PS/2 Adapter at the KVM Switch.  My keyboard
is a PS/2 model.

Situation:
I set this up about a week ago.  When I turn on my XP box the monitor gets
its signal correct, but the keyboard and mouse do not work.  The num lock
light on the keyboard doesn't toggle on/off when I hit that key so I am
guessing that there is no power going to the keyboard.  My optical mouse is
getting power (the red light underneith is on, and lights brighter when
moved) but it doesn't move on the screen.  Even if I hit the reset button on
the PC they will not work.  However, if I turn my Redhat box on first, then
turn my XP box on, the mouse works fine.  My keyboard works fine also except
for some issues when selecting multiples with the shift key or control key.

Any suggestions?  Any answers?  If not, I might take you up on that plug
from last week Steve.

Thanks,
Ray