Re: Gentoo: To mirror or not to mirror?

On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 11:40, Nate Reindl wrote:
> Remember what Steve said?  ``I personally think Gentoo's a joke.''

I must have missed steve's comments the first time around.  Steve, Why?

<soapbox>
I switched from redhat about 9 months ago for several reasons and have
not looked back since.  One of the big pluses for me with Gentoo is the
degree of control I have over gentoo and what gets installed on my
system (alot let bloat).  Portage is awesome, no more rpm dependency
he11, althought I guess I could have achieve the same effect with
apt/rpm.  The only thing I have found thus far is I don't like the
non-standard rc directory structure.
</soapbox>

> I really doubt it would make much of a difference anyway if we set up a
> Gentoo mirror at SILUG; not enough people run it for the effort to be
> worthwhile.

Just curious, let see a show of hands of who runs gentoo.

John