Re: Wireless Health: was (Re: Monday's C'dale meeting topic)

On Mon, 2003-02-17 at 17:47, Jerry Hubbard wrote:
> As a tech for the St. Louis Police, I have seen this type of problem.
> Several years ago Traffic Officers were developing Testicular cancer at
> a very high rate. They would secure the hand held radar between their
> legs pointed toward the body. :(
>
> Radars are now mounted in the car. This change is to allow safe
> deployment of air bags.

Jerry,

Self roasted nuts. How ironic. At least the gun has crude visual target
correlation. Car mounted radar has none, any any cop who says his radar
was tracking your car, especially in traffic, is risking his career with
perjury. Unless yours is the *only* moving vehicle within a mile of beam
centerline, he's just guessing. I successfully argued the physics in an
Oklahoma City traffic court. Just before the judge ignored physics in
favor of the officer's story, I asked him if it was true that his salary
and all court costs were paid out of the fines he levied. I thought the
old boy was going to throw an embolism, but he knew I'd appeal a guilty
verdict on grounds of judicial conflict of interest. I wasn't guilty in
the first place, but I had to play hardball to keep my record clean.

--Doc