Re: Monday's C'dale meeting topic

> > Please tell me that you told most of these people that their networks
> > were open...
>
> why in the hell would i do that?  you wanna know the kicker?  most of them
> have the names and LOCATIONS of their companies being broadcasted as well.
> and 90% of them weren't even using WEP, they were cleartext.  *boggle*

You're misunderstanding the situation. They don't need protection or
"security" of the kind you're selling.

They are in complete control of *their* equipment. They *decided* exactly
how much "security" to put into their networks. They aren't *trying* to keep
people out. They're *advertising* where they are and that they are providing
network access for all!

They're forming the foundations of a new Internet, aka "The Mesh".

You need to think more like a Californian, dewd.

Mike808/
Building the new Internet, one 802.11b node at a
time.