Re: sound and cardbus stuff

> > Maybe Mikec can give you some of his extra "gotos". :=)
>
> OK. So we forgot who we're talking about here. [tap tap] hello?! My name
> is Steve and I'm really really stooopid. ;-P

Mikec was earlier singing self-praise of his m@d kernel skillz in a
thread on "use of goto in the Linux Kernel".

> > Note that last entry: It implies *ALSA* support. I'm guessing *your* chip
> > comes up with the previous PCI device ID, and doesn't get recognized.
> > Maybe a different stepping?
>
> installed the driver, libs and utils according to Garp. When I modprobe
> snd-cs46xx it tells me device not found. Played a little with memory
> address and IRQ's but didn't work.

Read what I said again. What does 'lspci -vv' say about your card?
What's the PCI device ID?
Can you take the source for the snd-cs46xx and add the device ID you
noted earlier?

Contact the manufacturer and ask for technical support for their card?
I know it's a long shot, but, hey, advice is free... :=)

Mike808/