Re: sound and cardbus stuff

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 10:42:46AM -0600, Stephen D Reindl wrote:
> Redhat 8 went smoothly. The pcmcia cardbus stuff installed fine and I
> get a green light on the card. I (We) have attempted to install the
> drivers that came with the card (source) that are for the 2.2 kernels.
> It isn't playing nice and won't compile. It's rtl8139c so I'm ass u ming
> that this shouldn't be a problemo. I'm just stooopid. Help.

If it is a Cardbus rtl8139c, it should Just Work.

> Second and only slightly less aggrevating cs4610 sound chip. Any links
> to a definitive alsa or oss installation. sndconfig reports it's
> unsupported and the redhat-config-soundcard reports
> Vendor: Cirrus Logic
> Model: CS4610 SoundFusion Audio Accelerator
> Module: unknown

Hmm...  I'm not familiar with that one, but I see a cs46xx.o in my
/lib/modules.

Perhaps you should try the current Red Hat beta, especially now while
you aren't attached to anything if it doesn't work out.  :-)

FWIW, I've now seen two laptops that wouldn't even run 8.0 work as
well as could be expected under the current version of the beta
(phoebe).