Re: Perl Golf: was mail log filtering

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 11:23:31PM +0000, mike808@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Someone asked: Why is this so slow?

I was starting to think you were never going to come up with an
alternative implementation.  :-)

One problem though...  It doesn't appear to actually work.  I get no
output.

FWIW, your script seems to execute in slightly less time than my last
version (which was also an O(N) implementation).  With either script,
I'm getting run times of 3-6 seconds, vs. more like 60 minutes with
the original.  The original is the only one that seems to be accurate
so far though.  :-/