Re: Wells Fargo

> I had an interview with Charter the other day and was told I'd get into
> trouble if I was caught providing customer service to Linux OS users.

I would write your city councilperson and let them know that
Charter has instructed its employees to *withold* *customer service*
for customers that have not purchased goods and services from a company that
is a convicted, repeat offender of federal anti-trust laws.

You might also point out that Charter is owned by Paul Allen, co-founder
of Microsoft, and is also currently under investigation by the SEC and
federal grand juries for accounting irregularities.

Attend an open hearing meeting, where their responses are on record,
and ask why should your duly elected councilperson grant monopoly powers to
force *voters* (their constituents) to have no other choice but to buy goods
and services with companies like that.

Ask your councilperson to consider incorporating *required* support and NO
restrictions on a voter / cable customer's CPE (consumer premises equipment),
including the operating system. Just like they can mandate certain channels
and community airtime, infrastructure improvements, etc., they can also
mandate consumer equipment choice.

Just as SBC can't tell you to go away if you have a RatShack phone and not an
SBC phone, and you're having phone service trouble, neither Charter nor
SBC should be able to decide you (the voter and consumer) are SOL. But the
only place they will listen is in their cable contract negotiations.

Mike808/