Re: SCSI tape drive unrecognized

<obligatory 'we don't have this issue in solaris' comment>

also, did you take a gander at this?

http://www.cs.inf.ethz.ch/stricker/lab/linux_tape.html

> Having a senior moment here. Don't remember how to get a SCSI tape drive
> recognized as /dev/st0.

doesn't kudzu or whatever it is called scan for new devices when you are
plugged into the docking station?  shouldn't it have found this?

> Trouble is, the DAT drive at SCSI ID=6 does not appear in
> /proc/scsi/scsi:

according to the doc that i chucked up at the top of this email, it would
appear that if they devices isn't at ID1 that it will not be discovered.
weird, eh?

Tighe

ps.  boot -r owns you.

--
Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."