Re: FVH 2 Jan meeting topic

I'm going to have to play list witch here.  The various threads of humor
and frequent flames without content support are really a disservice to a
number of list members.  We don't want to confuse new list members or LUG
members who don't know you, but will have your (the general your) rants or
silly statements burned into their minds and affect their opinions or even
worse give up.

It really is a negative thing.  So, if we could keep topics on the up end
of things, and not post something unless it truly adds something that some
150+ people interested in Linux cares about.

Also, we make an effort not to go blatantly accusing products of their
suckiness (take gentoo for example).  Not only is it offensive to those
people who have been successful using it, but it does scare off people
from trying something and making their own opinion.  So, if you could
focus on the good things in your opinion, or at least have researched the
bad things well enough to support your claims would be very appreciated.

Let's get the SILUG-archives back to some sort of useful state. Thanks.

Kara, who missed her shipment of humor today.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/