From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org
[mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org] On Behalf Of William Underwood
Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 2:26 PM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: FVH 2 Jan meeting topic

On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:49:02 -0600 (CST)
 fiaid@quasi-sane.com wrote:
>what are you talking about?  have you been smoking dope again.

Hey, you're the one who said "intraweb," which
i[ndicate|mply|nsinudate]s
http services.  Pray tell, surely you recall?  So, PUT DOWN THE CRACK
PIPE!

>kids...*sigh*

Kids? Heh!  Mr. Newlywed, Mr. Been-voting-for-less-than-two-presidents,
*he*
calls *me* a kid!  The only people younger than you on this list are
Eric and
Nate, and they're both in high school, waiting for drivers ed classes.
Have
a couple kids, get a mortgage, pay for your wifes car while she sits at
home
(my choice, with no regret), work for more than half your life, then
come
call me a kid!  While you're at it, travel around the country (min. 9500
miles) on no money (we'll look the other way if you happen to break the
law),
with no car (hitchhiking is allowed), and only the clothes you can carry
in a
single backpack (feel free to stop by truckstops to wash your clothes
and
take a shower), while successfullly avoiding predation by aggressive
homosexuals, and we'll give you some additional life experience.  And
no,
your AF-brat MP-protected travel experience doesn't count...

And see all this stuff below?  That's from not threading your replys
correctly...  And you call me a kid... Sheez!  I'll give you some credit
though - At least you trimmed my sig and the list info.  Thanks!

>> On Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:31:59 -0600 (CST)
>>  fiaid@quasi-sane.com wrote:
>> >ill go one step further, if you can't hand construct your own ip
packets,

>> >get the hell off of my intraweb.
>>
>> Intraweb...  Intraweb?  Intraweb!?!
>>
>> You allow HTTP services?  What a babysitter!!  Damn, you might as
give
>them a
>> freaking browser, too.
>>
>> :-(
>> William

So, what are we going to talk about come Tuesday evening?  I wouldn't
mind
going with the suggestion from Bob, and seeing some embedded stuff, say
something that'll fit on a 24 MB disk-on-chip, but still give a GUI of
some
type, even if it's text based...

William
(who apparently is in a bit of mood...)