pattern substitution in a specified address space

i've got a large ldif file for import into an ldap database, the problem
is that through the massaging of the data i've ended up with quotes
around all the telephone numbers and they won't import, so i'm wanting
to remove the quotes, i break out my trusty sed and hammer out a quick
and dirty command line but low and behold it doesn't appear to do
anything (thats the scary part)

here is my sed command straight from the command line:
testing126.ldif > testing127.ldif

and here is an example of an entry i want it to remove the quotes from:

facsimileTelephoneNumber: "(901) 234-5678"

so have i flipped my lid, afaik this should match a pattern space like
the example and then proceed to remove the quotes, any help would be
really appreciated