Re: ISP's

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 10:31:42 -0600 (CST)
 Sean /The RIMBoy/ <sean@rimboy.com> wrote:
>That presumes that he can get cable.  He lives a half mile outside the
>city limit.  And seeing as no-one has bothered to pull cable for the two
>houses there, I don't think it's going to happen.

Uhmmm... Hmmm... More presumption: You dad has freinds in town with
cable-modem or DSL (Ha!), and they are physically within a few miles.  Why
not go with a wireless bridge solution?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2071792205
That one is only $160, and with the extra antenna's would probably still run
under $350.  That might at first sound a little high for one house to get
broadband internet, but maybe your dad could get his neighbor to go in with
him.  They could buy the bridge and antennas together, then split the cable
modem bill three-ways with whomever they link from.  That would make it about
$175 initial output, then $12.50 a month, each.  Plus, to further defray
costs -- well, you know, Christmas is coming up, and don't you feel ever so
grateful for all that your mom & dad have done for you?  Wouldn't you like to
pay them back, just a little, with the wonderful gift of full-time-internet
connectivity? :-)

>Sean...

William

--