Re: ISP's

On Fri, 15 Nov 2002, William Underwood wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Nov 2002 08:49:32 -0600 (CST)
>  Sean /The RIMBoy/ <sean@rimboy.com> wrote:
> >My dad is still with accessus because they're were (still are) the only
> >game in Mascoutah.
>
> No longer true, he now has Charter Cable Modem available to him, total of
> @$35.00/month for 384Kbs...

That presumes that he can get cable.  He lives a half mile outside the
city limit.  And seeing as no-one has bothered to pull cable for the two
houses there, I don't think it's going to happen.

> But, why would that be true?  Mascoutah should be local dial distance to
> OFallon,

Calling anywhere from Mascoutah (with the possible exception of
Summerfield, yeah! Summerfield!) is long distance.  Anywhere.  This
includes SAFB.  Where to people living on SAFB go to school at?  Mascoutah
HS.  Great to know everytime the HS has to call someone on base it's a
charge call (surprisingly enough, I don't think they had a dedicated
Belleville number, as the newspaper in Mascoutah had).

When people speak of all the good things deregulation has brought, I point
them to Mascoutah and ask how.

Unless that's changed in the last year or two, but I'm sure I would have
heard my dad jumping for joy (nevermind every fricking person in
Mascoutah) if it's changed.

Believe me, hell hath no fury as parents that get the phone bill after a
night of BBS'ing to Belleville.

Sean...

--
Believing I had supernatural powers, I slammed into a brick wall.
	--Paul Simon