Re: Red Hat 8 Question

Ev,

Not sure I'm following your description of Mozilla's (mis)behavior.

The up2date problem is easy to fix. You created a free support account
when you used up2date after your first installation. During that process
a record was made on the RHN site that contains the e-mail address you
provided and a complete list of all RPMs installed on your system.

When you blew away the first installation and installed RH8 a second
time, that free account record was still on the RHN site. Before you can
use up2date for the second installation, you'll have to delete that
first free account record. Or pay $60 for a second (non-free)
entitlement.

1. Log onto https://rhn.redhat.com (be sure to add the "s" to https)
using the exact same Username and Password as the first time.

2. Under [ Your RHN ] click on Entitlements.

3. On the Entitlement Manager page you should see one entry line with
your system name and a pull-down box containing "Basic".  Click on the
link to your system name.

4. On the next page, click on the button labeled "Delete System
Profile".

Now you should be able to start over with up2date just as though it was
your first time.

--Doc