Re: OT: EMERGENCY

Thanks to all.  I was pinch-hitting for the NT guy.  I had tried
stopping and restarting IIS but it wouldn't load, saying "..bind
conflict..".  I restarted the box with a "warm boot" and was still
unable to get IIS to load (same error).  After seeing several strange
processes running when I logged in, my paranoia kicked in and I began
to believe that someone had hacked the box and was using port 80 for
something else.  I did use nmap and netstat.  I wasn't able to
determine much beyond the fact that HTTP was running on the port.

Evidently, all it needed was to be cold powered off (rebooted a 2nd
time) because after the cold boot it worked fine.

Thanks for the tool tips:  I'll definitely check out inzider.