gcc version?

	I've downloaded and compiled a module to support a network card
and sound card (NVIDIA nforce), but when trying to load either module, I
get this:

The module you are trying to load is compiled with a gcc version 2
compiler, while the kernel you are running is compiled with a gcc version
3 compiler. This is known to not work.

This is RedHat 8.0, and gcc version 3.2:

[root@fifarek root]# gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)
PURPOSE.

	I modified the Makefile to include -V 3.2, but that didn't help
either.

	Any thoughts/suggestions?