God bless "apt"! -and- problem with Xine

Okay... after Steve P. posted about using "apt-get" to get Xine, which was
giving me fits trying to install in manually, I FINALLY broke down and
installed it.  (Yes, I'm slow.)

All I can say is, MAMMA, I'M HOME!  I love it.

That "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" thingy is fun to watch!

Now... having said all that, Xine bombs out *instantly* unless I run it as
root.  I wonder if I've managed to install some libs with the wrong
permissions perhaps?

Also, MPLAYER rocks!  Very nice.

RH 8.0 is my life,
Chas