Re: first impressions of Red Hat 8.0

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> Good point.  I forgot about that one.  I also noticed that the package
> name changed from "apache" to "httpd".  I couldn't figure this out at
> first, but then I noticed that the name of the package has changed on
> the Apache distribution site as well.

Oh yeah, it took me a while to find the documentation which I expected to
be in /usr/share/doc/apache* but was in /usr/share/doc/httpd*.

There is a "/usr/share/doc/httpd-2.0.40/migration.html" document that will
help you do the hand editing of the /etc/httdp/conf/httpd.conf.rpmnew file
which the upgrade creates. The configuration of apache modules is pretty
different now.

eks

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/