Re: Red Hat contest

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 17:32:42 -0500
 James B Newby <newbyjb@siu.edu> wrote:
>Hello all,
>	I'm the newly elected president of SIU's ACM chapter.

Your webpage does not yet reflect that information...

>I am interested in Red Hat stopping here at Carbondale.  I will likely
>send an e-mail to Red Hat.  Has anyone yet sent one?  If I could
>convince them to stop in Carbondale, would everyone be interested
>in doing a joint ACM/SILUG gathering?

Methinks it may be better to request a stop closer to St. Louis, as it simply
makes more sense to have the lower number of potential attendees from
Carbondale area travel to St. Louis than to have the higher number of
potential attendees from St. Louis travel to Carbondale.  OTOH, mayhap they
will agree to two stops within easy but not too convenient travel of each
other...  What say we propose both?

Either way, if they're in the area, I'll do my best to show up, as I'm always
interested in seeing raw computing horsepower at work.  :-)

>-James

William

--
William Underwood