Re: Windows Rants! (was Re: dial up with winxp)

Quoting Tighe Schlottog <emry@icephyre.net>:

> What you say?

Someone set up us teh bomb !!!

> Have you ever installed XP?  Jebus Mary and Joseph, it makes sure that you
> have a valid Key and that is about it.

Yep.  I know.  I was forced to run XP for a while.  My god.

> But, but, but, Kerberos is the most secure thing evar!  I mean, it isn't
> like a chimp with a pencil and a piece of paper can break it.  Oh wait,
> never mind.

... Yeah.

> Bah!  That is a FEATURE TO ALLOW REMOTE ADMINISTRATION!!!!

That's what they said about Citrix.  Well, as one of its features, anyway...

> ALL PRAISE XP!
> ALL PRAISE XP!
> ALL PRAISE XP!
> ALL PRAISE XP!
> ALL PRAISE XP!
> ALL PRAISE XP!

Howabout we don't and say we did?

> YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HOW YOUR MACHINE WORKS.  THAT IS
> WHY WE ARE HERE.  WE ARE MCSE'S OF BORG.  YOUR MACHINE WILL BE
> "UPGRADED"
> PREPARE FOR UPGRADING, GRAB YOUR ANKLES AND SAY,
> "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH".

Please.  I didn't want to visualize such a sight.  I'm now scarred for life.

> disclaimer : I am trying to bait Nate into a fit in which he will begin to
> froth at the mouth and howl at the moon.  So, if you believed any of that
> tripe I wrote, HA HA FOOLED YOU.

You didn't succeed, sir.  I only laughed at your tripe and invisioned your snide
self at that altar, losing your independence.

--
Nate Reindl, The Fabled Halfling.