Windows Rants! (was Re: dial up with winxp)

Quoting Steven Pritchard <steve@silug.org>:

> Wow, I actually managed not to go on about how unmanageable Windows
> is.  ;-)

I feel like starting another thread off of this because we might actually have
some decent traffic flow through like that one time with the sparc machines.

Anyway, I've found that Windows itself provides little to no information.  Isn't
that odd?  It can't tell you where a certain area code is, what the ISO notation
for a particular country is, or even what 100 degrees Celsius is in Fahrenheit.

Not only the lack of information, but the way that they love to extend and
embrace.  Man.  Their idea of security is running Kerberos 5 on everything.  Eh?
 What the hell kind of good does that do when IIS has a nasty hole in it that
allows people to gain full access to your machine?  Psh.

Sure, Windows has the interface and the good looks, but what is it /really/?  I
honestly think it looks more like a toy than anything Unix I've seen.  Well,
except for perhaps AIX, but that's because there're religious issues there.

`` Let the flames roll right on in! ''

--
Nate Reindl, The Fabled Halfling.