Re: dial up with winxp

Well I figured it out, after going through the settings a half dozen
times today it hit me that I have seen this before.  Back when I was
working as sysadmin/consultant/tech support for the isp I ran into this
a lot with win95 (all the settings are correct but it still does funky
stuff).  So after checking the setting just one more time to make sure I
didn't miss anything I removed tcp/ip from all adapters, removed the
dial-in connection, restarted, and put it all back.  Dialed in and it
worked perfectly.  So tcp/ip was "pooched" as we used to say at the isp.
Thanks for the suggestions though.

Bob T. Kat

"Winxp is just like a higher quality heroin.. it's still not good for
us."