Re: [OT] Farscape

On Monday 09 September 2002 12:53 pm, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> For those of you who haven't heard, Sci-Fi has decided not to renew
> Farscape for its promised 5th season.  Their lame-ass excuse goes like
> this:
>
>     There are no bigger fans of Farscape than we here at Sci Fi
>     Channel," the network said in a press release. "It was one of Sci
>     Fi's first original series and quickly became a critical and fan
>     favorite. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts to reach a broader
>     audience, Farscape has been unable to grow beyond its core fan-base.
>     That, coupled with the extreme and growing cost of production, has
>     led to the difficult decision to end the series at the conclusion of
>     season four.

Translation:

If anyone ever tells you it's not about the money, it's about the money.

Wouldn't be the first time a network was dumb enough to lay the turd that
kills the golden goose. Trust me, it's about the money. They're just greedy
bastages.

Mike808/
--
() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!