Re: OT: first SILUG Film Festival?

After talking with Kara a bit, I think I need to make it a little more
clear what I'm envisioning here...

First of all, while I am certainly not going to exclude anyone, I
wouldn't exactly consider this a typical family-friendly event.  The
movies in question contain a fair amount of colorful language, and
they tend to appeal to a particular sense of humor.  (While I hesitate
to call them "guy movies", it is a fairly apt label for at least
Mallrats and J&SBSB.)

Anyway, the point is that anyone not in the mood to do some heavy-duty
movie watching is likely to get bored real fast unless they are good
at amusing themselves, preferably somewhere far from the TV.  ;-)

On the other hand, if dragging along certain people who might not be
interested in the movie line-up is the only way you can join us, by
all means, please do so.  In that case, I'll leave it up to you how
best to use the pool, lake, grill, ping-pong table, and whatever else
you can find around here.  :-)

Given all that, I do need to know fairly soon how many people I should
have a seat for.  While I love my house, it just isn't the greatest
movie theater, so we might have to get a little creative to make sure
everyone is comfortable.  (If everyone isn't comfortable, what's the
point, right?)

As a side note, one thought I had was to pass the hat and go rent a
big-ass TV for the day and just leave it upstairs.  The audio probably
wouldn't be as good, but at least there's plenty of room for seating.
(That would put us way too close to Emma's room though, which is where
the running Kara out of the house thing came from, if anyone cares.)

Once we get that figured out (and nail down the date), we can look at
food and drink issues.  I wasn't going to worry too much about that
though, since it is nothing that $5-10/person and a call to Papa
John's can't solve.

Honestly, I've been working so much lately that I am just looking
forward to a day off, and my ideal day off involves doing as little as
possible.  :-)

Oh, and if this goes well, I could see this being a semi-regular
thing...