From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org
[mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org] On Behalf Of Casey Boone
Sent: Friday, August 09, 2002 2:38 PM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: drive mirroring

any easy way to force mirroring on a drive?

here is the current setup

2 identical 40 gig drives

/hda1 is /boot
/hda2 is swap
/hda3 is /var
/hda4 is /

/hdb is clean

i want /hdb to be a full mirror of /hda

any easy way to go about setting up mirroring without loosing anything?

the stuff i have found on raid on linux seems to imply that you have to
set
up the mirroring before any data is put on the partition

i want full drive mirroring but dont want to loose any data :\

Casey