Re: OT: Best graphics for gaming

On Tuesday 06 August 2002 02:11 pm, you wrote:
> Quoting Tighe Schlottog <emry@icephyre.net>:
> > i got an 8500 also, but i got the woman one of the new geforce's for her
>
> The 8500 is nice, but 3D acceleration under X11, last I checked anyway,
> is/was near non-existant.

I use the oldie-but-goodie Matrox Marvel G400TV. Still rocks. Dual Head. Yum.
Must be some reason their price hasn't dropped like a stone the way that prior
GeForce and ATI cards from two years ago have...

However, the new ATI Radeon cards with firewire/DV look interesting.

Don't know anything about Matrox's new Parhelia, but I don't think it will
have TV for a while.

Mike808/
--
() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML email and Microsoft-specific
/\ attachments. If I wanted to read HTML, I would have visited your website!