Re: Yellow Dog Linux CDs for your LInux User Group (fwd)

Quoting Aaron Cronkright <aaron@cronkright.com>:

> I have a Mac IIsi system collecting dust.  Is it too old of a machine to run
> linux?  My gut sayz yes, but I need to ask since I have been "tattooed" with

It won't run YDL or Debian/PPC, so your gut instinct was right.  See below...

> intel stuff.  This machine is based on the Motorola 68000 uP and not the
> PowerPC.

There is hope, however.   Even though a straight up 68000 won't prove much
worth, it'd be cool (read: stupid) to say, 'Hey, I've Linux running on my POS
Mac IIsi and you don't!  Haha!'

--
Nate Reindl, The Fabled Halfling