Re: Lycoris?

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 11:58:33 -0500
 "Brune, Charlie" <Charlie.Brune@anheuser-busch.com> wrote:
>I see a version of Linux called "Lycoris" being discussed on Slashdot
>today.
>
>Does anyone know anything about it?  Apparently, you can't download it
>for free, like RedHat.  But, it's only $29.95.

I just checked it out, at http://www.lycoris.com/.  They make it sound
kind of cool, but I wonder how good it could be, since half their
"demo" graphics don't come up.  Looks like another wannabe "windows
replacement," without the windows apps.

Talking about Windows replacements, anyone taken a look at win4lin
terminal server?
http://www.netraverse.com/

It's supposed to enable Win9x/Me sessions on a Linux server/cluster.  I
wonder how it would do with that Accelerated Reader program we were
talking about a while back...

>Thanks,
>Charlie

William